Economic Impact Payment
Authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) continues to calculate and automatically send the Payments to most eligible individuals impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Who is elegible to receive the relief payment?
- U.S. citizens, permanent resident or qualifying resident aliens;
- An individual that Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return;
- Someone who have a Social Security number (SSN) that is valid for employment (valid SSN);
- Exception: If either spouse is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the taxable year, then only one spouse needs to have a valid SSN
- Your adjusted gross income is below $75,000 if you are Single, $112,500 head of household or $150,000 if your filing status is married filing a joint return.
The amount of the payment is $1,200 for a single individual, $2,400 for married couples and $500 for each minor children.
Additional information about eligibility for the Payment can be found Here.